We consult on and carry out studies of transport economics and transport infrastructure planning:
- Technical justification, feasibility studies, investment projects, economic and financial evaluations of transport infrastructure development and maintenance projects;
- Applications for financial assistance from EU and other international financial institutions;
- Transport infrastructure planning and design solutions;
- Strategic planning and programming of road or street network development and maintenance activities;
- Transportation part of master plans of cities, districts and regions.
- Investigation and modelling of transport flows;
- Traffic condition surveys (flow dynamics, speed, capacity, accidents, bottlenecks);
- Traffic engineering solutions;
- Pavement deterioration surveys and pavement distress identification;
- Pavement deterioration modelling;
- Design of asphalt pavement structures.
We are licensed to use Emme – travel demand forecasting system for urban, regional, and national transportation planning. The most advanced modellers in the industry trust in Emme’s credibility to model the world’s most complex transport systems. Emme offers efficient, robust algorithms that have earned a reputation as the gold standard in transport modelling. INRO pioneered the application of both equilibrium assignment and integrated multimodal assignment, and continues to develop innovative modelling technologies to meet the evolving needs of Emme users. Emme proved to be reliable and comprehensive tool for demand modelling as it was used in various street network development projects in Vilnius and in the masterplan of Kaunas region.
Our street and highway management solutions are based on the principles and mathematical models of the Worldwide known HDM system. It allows us to: manage road network development activities and program road works, estimate funding requirements and budget allocations, predict road network performance, carry out project appraisals and policy impact studies.
We model and forecast operating parameters of streets, roads and their intersections, consult on design and traffic control solutions with regard to improved capacity and safety.
We have effectively implemented national and EU ratified methodologies, such as: Guide to Cost-Benefit Analysis of Investment Projects, HEATCO – Harmonised European Approaches for Transport Costing and Project Assessment, Lithuanian Road Investment Guide, TARVA – Finnish Road Maintenance Measure Safety Impact Evaluation model.
In some cases our work was audited and approved by EC and their experts.
- Construction of office complex on Islandijos st. in Kaunas: modelling of transport flows;
- Construction of Rail Baltica railway line Marijampolė (Baraginė) – Kazlų Rūda – Kaunas: CBA;
- Economic evaluation of road reconstruction projects: of road No. 131 Alytus – Simnas – Kalvarija 36,74 – 41,80 km section; of road No. 145 Kėdainiai – Šėta – Ukmergė 41,96 – 45,24 km; of road No. A10 Panevėžys – Pasvalys – Ryga 38,7 km crossroad with No. 3101 Pasvalys – Vabalninkas;
- Development of local road network in Anyksciai- stage 4: feasibility study and application for financial assistance;
- Traffic flow surveys on state roads of district Klaipeda;
- Reconstruction of Gariunai st. in Vilnius: feasibility study and application for financial assistance.
- Construction of trolleybus wire infrastructure on Parodos and K. Petrausko streets in Kaunas: feasibility study and application for financial assistance;
- Replacement of 110 kV overhead power transmission line by cable line from Ozo st. to Siaurine st. in Vilnius: feasibility study and application for financial assistance;
- Economic evaluation of reconstruction alternatives of Siaurine st. in Vilnius.
- Reconstruction of 110 kV open electricity transmission line (high-voltage transmission line section between L. Asanavičiūtės St. and Ozo St. in Vilnius) to underground cable line: feasibility study and application for financial assistance;
- Application and other documentation (feasibility study) necessary for EU financial assistance in transport communication projects in Vilnius: reconstruction of Geležinio Vilko St. and construction of flyover to Goštauto St.;
- Reconstruction of A.Juozapavičiaus Ave. in Kaunas- feasibility study;
- Feasibility study of development distribution street network in residential district in Jurbarkas and application for EU financial assistance (EU funding granted);
- Traffic surveys at intersection of Savanorių Ave. and Žemaičių St. in Kaunas and design solutions for the plot plan;
- Feasibility study of Vilnius western by-pass (stage 2) and application for EU financial assistance (EU funding granted).
- Feasibility study (and technical justification) of street reconstruction in Druskininkai;
- Analysis of Rail Baltica route alternatives at the approaches to Kaunas city;
- Kaunas Air Park development study;
- Feasibility study of application of PINAVIA – a unique 2-level road junction – at the intersection of road no A2, Ukmergės St. and future Vilnius Western by-pass.
- Vilnius western by-pass as a link in Transeuropen Network. Feasibility study;
- Transport infrastructure design solutions for commercial centre in Biruliškės (Kaunas district);
- Transport infrastructure development solutions for the masterplan of Prienai;
- Transport infrastructure development solutions for the masterplan of Kėdainiai;
- Transport infrastructure development solutions for the masterplan of Prienai district.
- Transport infrastructure development solutions for the masterplan of Kėdainiai district;
- Transport infrastructure development solutions for the masterplan of Kaunas district;
- Feasibility study of the new grade separated junction on road no. A6 near the settlement of Ramučiai (Kaunas district);
- Kaunas eastern by-pass: topographic surveys and design solutions.
- Kaunas FEZ: investment project and application for EU financial assistance;
- Kaunas FEZ: procurement documentation for the special site planning services;
- Development of territory near the lake Mažosios Dailidės (Alytus) and adaptation of it’s infrastructure for people with disabilities- feasibility study;
- Construction of the new bridge over the River Nemunas- feasibility study;
- Transport infrastructure and communication network development solutions for the studies: “Development of Jonava, Kėdainiai and Raseiniai districts” and “Development of Kaišiadoriai and Kaunas districts”;
- Design of transport scheme for the new commercial centre in Biruliškės, Kaunas district.